Investing in our Schools, Students, and Families
Family involvement and leadership are crucial to the success of our students. We believe that if we help parents who care, they will become parents who lead.
PLI is a 6 hour leadership development opportunity for individuals who are interested in learning more about the educational system and the importance of parent involvement. Our goal is that upon completion of the program parents/guardians become lifelong advocates for their children, for their families and for their community.
Participants receive up to 6 hours of education and training. Topics include:
- Learning about the United States Educational System
- Parents as Change Agents
- How to Use and Maximize Community Resources
- Social and Economic Trends Affecting Children and Families
- Understanding School/Public Policy and Civic Engagement
- The Importance of Measuring Student Success